“The first rule about FLASHPOINT is, don’t talk about what comes after Flashpoint.” Easy for the Chief Creative Office of DC Geoff Johns to say. After the big announcements yesterday of a re-boot of all DC titles to new #1's of which there will be a total of 52 of them coming our way, not to mention changes to origins of major characters, 50 costume changes, and that DC will have Digital Day-and-Date comics. That is a big announcement and you don't want us to talk about it...that's not going to happen. So much was announced and the news keeps coming.
Here are some of the highlights that I gleamed from yesterday's announcements:
1) Justice League ongoing comic book by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee is set to be the only other title released the week of August 31st besides Flashpoint #5.
2) There are numerous new books coming out; Hawkman series by James Robinson and Philip Tan, Aquaman by Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis, and Firestorm to name a few.
3) There will be a shuffling of creative talent:
-Superman written by Grant Morrison.
-Birds of Prey will not be written by Gail Simone
-Teen Titans by "Red Robin" scribe Fabian Nicieza.
3) Deadman is set to be the main character in Adventure Comics.
4) There is something called Edge and Dark coming to DC Comics after Flashpoint...Sounds a lot like Marvel Edge and Dark Reign.
And announcements are still coming. So following this, “The first rule about FLASHPOINT is, don’t talk about what comes after Flashpoint,” is not going to happen (except for those who have signed a NDA).
Fans are already breaking this rule. Yesterday's announcements set the Twitter a fire, Facebook status updates a blaze, and forums threads loaded with fan boy reactions, questions, and outrages at this announcement. Higgins is a prime example of what some fans did yesterday. He was glued to his computer and phone talking wildly and smiling like a kid in a candy store. He was so over whelmed that he was tripping over his words and very excited all day; it was very entertaining to watch.
Needless to say that we will be definitely talking about this on The Comic Conspiracy: Episode 11.
Below are some of the articles about this big announcement:
Re-Booting everything to #1
Johns and Lee JL
Deadman in Adventure Comics
DC The Source
Day-and-Date Digital Distribution
Welcome to Conspirator Brock.com! This little part of the internet is home to my random musings about comics, movies and other comic centric topics. Every Wednesday my pull list gets posted so you can compare, contrast, or complain about the books I pick up and read every week. Thank you for stopping by, and always feel free to leave comments.
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
DC Re-Boot in September
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment